Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Made a custom case for my Raspberry Pi

Update:
Just received my new Raspberry Pi and the Gertboard!  So here's a picture of the new case with both installed.  Works way better than I could ever imagine!


Original post:


One thing that makes me nervous is working on the RPI and Arduino with all the circuits exposed.  Well I had some acrylic plastic sitting around for the past few year and I had a spare 30 minutes this afternoon, so I cranked out a protyping platform/protective case.  The boards will mount inside so they are secure. All 4 sides are open so I can run wires in and out with no problems. On the very top I think I am going to mount the solderless breadboard.
  The top cover comes off by removing the 4 top nuts.   Maybe make it even easier by using wing-nuts or even barrel-nuts if I can find them. The whole thing measures 8x9 inches and the opening is a generous 2" inches. Enough room for the raspberry pi, an Arduino mega 2560 and a relay board or motor controller.. Can even stack my pi face or Gert board.


 If there is any interest,  I took a lot of photos and could make an instructable with all the details.  Really easy and a quick afternoon project that looks great.  So if you would like to learn more, leave me a comment and let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment